I've done plenty of research on this, and think I know what's wrong - but I'm having problems implementing the fix!
Either with 3.0, or because of something my host has done recently, links to my wordpress blog referred through facebook are met with a 403 error!
Research suggests that my solution has been posted already here.
The last post by gonzalezea hits the nail on the head.
So I need to modify mod_security via htaccess like so?
Okay, here's where I have problems:
- My blog is installed in a subdirectory on my website
- there's no htaccess in the blog subdirectory
- if i create one, it doesn't fix the problem
- There IS an htaccess in my website's route directory (does wordpress refer to this file instead?)
- if i add the required code to that file, it doesn't fix the problem
So I'm confused as to how I should edit mod_security. My host uses cpanel, but I don't think I have access to WHM.
I feel like it should be simple now, and I'm not a completely basic user, but I'm stuck!
My blog gets a lot of traffic through a related facebook group, so this is kinda important to me!
Thanks a lot!