[Resolved] Blank page after first time login
First time using WordPress. I have an existing website that I thought was due for a redesign. I wanted to try WordPress for my new design but since I need to populate it for a bit before I make it live, I wanted to test it in a subfolder before moving it to root and deleting the existing website as mentioned in the instructions on the site. As an FYI – I have a web design with basic coding (HTML, basic PHP) background and can navigate code but now I’m stumped:
1. Downloaded WordPress 2.8.6.
2. checked with my hosting company to make sure all is OK to use it
3. Use MyPHPAdmin to set up a database and get all database name, password, location info
4. Reconfigured and renamed config file before upload.
5. renamed WordPress folder to “blog” and uploaded so now my soon to be new site would be at http://www.photolena.ca/blog/
6. Ran the installation file – worked great – set up my info for the database connection without a problem. No connection error messages. I checked MyPHPAdmin and the new databases are all there, waiting to be filled in.
7. Got to the login screen and was given my automatically generated password and “admin” name. Used it to login to the admin panel….
And then the screen went blank. Nothing. I can’t log out, I can’t see the admin panel. It’s white as snow. I’m on a Mac and I’ve tried it on both Safari and Firefox and both are updated.
I’ve followed the steps to reset my database password and reset it in the config file and reuploaded it. Nothing. Being on a Mac, I can see the blog folder using an FTP program and the only thing I can’t see is an .htaccess file.
Also – I cannot access anything at all in the “blog” folder. Not even the “readme.html” file. That shouldn’t happen, right? It’s an html file.
I’ve scoured the help files and forum and am stumped. Anyone know what I should do? I haven’t even gotten to the point of looking at a theme or setting preferences yet.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Blank page after first time login’ is closed to new replies.