Hi! Got this problem since updating your plugin.
Steps to reproduce:
1. On plugin settings, insert consumer key/secret and confirm;
2. Click on “authorize new account”;
3. Redirect to api.twitter.com login page;
4. Insert username, password, confirm;
6. ERROR: blank page on wp-admin/options-general.php?page=twitterWidgetPro&action=authorized&nonce=*RANDOMLETTERSNUMBERS*&oauth_token=*RANDOMLETTERSNUMBERS*&*RANDOMLETTERSNUMBERS*
Possible workarounds/solutions already tried:
1. Setting Callback URL (was already filled, tried to blank row and re-fill it);
2. Enabilng “Allow this application to be used to Sign in”;
3. Setting “Read only” or “Read and write” access;
4. Upgrading to dev version on github;
5. Resetting keys;
All of these didn’t solve my problem 🙁 is there anything else I could try?
Thanks in advance 🙂
DaiTeM – Did you get yours working. I have tried everything I can think of short of going in and recording this to work. I just don’t have the time.
Hi!, i have the same problem with the last actualization, has anyone been able to fix it?
There are a small handful of people that are having this problem. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce it on any of my sites or servers.
A similar problem that I WAS able to track down affects server with out of date CA certificates (these are used to verify that an SSL certificate is trustworthy). I just released version 2.5.2 with a work around for that. Please try this new version to see if this issue is related.
The only other suggestion is to disable all other plugins and test. This worked for another person, but he didn’t ever let me know what the plugins he disabled were, so I have no way of knowing what plugin might be potentially causing the conflict.
Well, seems that disabling all plugins actually did the job!
Now I’ll investigate and report what plugin triggers the bug 🙂
DaiTeM: I would really appreciate that!
Ok, I did a little bit of investigation…and figured out that “Simple Twitter Connect” is the bad guy: disabling its main module, I can correctly reautenthicate your widget with my Twitter credentials. Probably Twitter API changes broke completely that plugin.
BTW, glad to mark topic as solved…thanks for your suggestions!
- The topic ‘Blank page after confirming twitter credentials’ is closed to new replies.