Support » Plugin: WP-Members Membership Plugin » Binary files and code clean-up

  • Resolved Bonaldi

    (@bonaldi)



    Hi Chad,
    It seems that in version 3.1.6.2, the css folder contains some corrupted files…could you check ? (wp-members-2011.css and some others…)

    There are also numerous missing string translations I checked for you to improve your localization and update lang folder files:

    class-wp-members-admin-api.php lines 211 “Subject” and 214 “Body”
    tab-dialogs line 38 “Users Guide on dialogs”
    tab-emails.php line 82 “Users Guide on email options”
    tab-fields.php lines 46 “Users Guide on the field manager” and 292 “Edit”
    tab-options.php lines 43 “Posts” and 84 “Content Blocking” and 554 “Select a page”
    user-profile.php line 97 “None” and 104 “Update this file:” and 118 “(required)”
    utilities.php line 211 “(more…)”
    wp-registration.php line 45 and 204 “(required)”
    strings “See the ” on some tabs pages

    You could too delete all useless blank points or tabs, for instance in core.php line 591…

    Hope it will help you to clean up your code.
    Regards.

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Bonaldi.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Chad Butler

    (@cbutlerjr)

    There are no issues with the update. If you’re having an issue with binary files, I’d recommend redownloading/reinstalling and also verifying your transfer method (if using FTP).

    You can check files against the repo:
    https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/wp-members/trunk/

    Alternatively, you can use the official github repo. Although it’s usually the next beta version, it’s currently the same build as the WP repo:
    https://github.com/butlerblog/wp-members

    On the translation strings, some of these will be addressed in the next update. Some of these are already translated. The (required), (more…), and Edit for example are WP strings and are marked as such in WP-Members, so they are not tagged with the WP-Members textdomain.

    I made it yet (reload/reinstall) without any success 2 hours ago.
    Made it again 5 minutes ago and it’s OK… strange…

    Plugin Author Chad Butler

    (@cbutlerjr)

    It turns out that there was some file corruption in the 3.1.6.2 package. As near as I can tell, this occurred between the main local dev repo and the wordpress.org repo.

    The ends of some files were corrupted with invalid characters. This may be why they appeared to be binary. The majority of the file was still fine, and depending on what it was viewed in the corruption may or may not show up. This is probably why I didn’t notice it when checking out your original post.

    It turned up when doing some file comparisons on new development and the diff program noted them as binary even though the file showed plain text.

    Affected files were the modified CSS files from 3.1.6.2 and the readme.txt file. These have been fixed with the 3.1.6.3 update. I verified the files both in the repo and the zip download and it appears that the problem files are fixed.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Binary files and code clean-up’ is closed to new replies.