Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Bilingual Blog English/Chinese problem solved

Bilingual Blog English/Chinese problem solved

  • Hi I am New here and was searching for solution to solve my Bilingual Blog on the Chinese Character which kept showing as ???????? after I updated to WP3.01. I have 2 blog, the other one has no problem with bilingual, but the one I change the theme and updated to WP3.0.1 has problem. After various trial and errors from reading suggestions from this forum, my blog finally show the correct bilingual with English/Chinese.

    This is what I did

    1. Go to WP-config.php
    2. Change define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’);
    to define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘utf-8’);

    3. change define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ”);
    to define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘gbk_chinese_ci’);

    4. change define (‘WPLANG’, ”);
    to define (‘WPLANG’, ‘zh_CN’);

    it works for my blog, and hope it works for yours on the same issue.
    But there is another minor issue that I need to solve after changing the theme back and fro some blogpost shown strange characters.

  • The topic ‘Bilingual Blog English/Chinese problem solved’ is closed to new replies.