[Resolved] Beta Update Hosed the Admin on a Mapped Site
I’ve been running 3.3-aortic for weeks now without any problems whatsoever. I run a multisite network that supports 5 different blogs – 4 of which are fully-qualified domains and one which is a subdomain:
- http://eamann.com – Main site
I’m mapping the last three domains onto subdomains of the main site (i.e. mindsharestrategy.com => mindshare.eamann.com) using the MU Domain Mapping plugin.
Everything was working perfectly through this morning. I updated WordPress as I always do (using the beta tester plugin) to get the latest nightly build. I didn’t see anything amiss, and the front-end of every site continued to display.
Then I tried to go to the admin side of my main blog (mindsharestrategy.com/wp-admin) tonight and was greeted with a 500 server error.
I am still able to visit the admin side of the main site, the admin side of the sub-domain site, the network admin site, and the front-end of each of my mapped domains. But the admin side of each mapped domain returns a 500 error once I log in (the login page displays just fine).
I went through the network admin and upgraded from 3.3-aortic to 3.3-beta1 hoping it would fix the problem. Unfortunately, I’m still in the same state – admin on the main site is accessible, but not admin on the mapped sites.
Any debugging/troubleshooting tips would be more than welcome. This isn’t a case of a botched update from 3.2.1 to 3.3 … I was already running 3.3 successfully before today.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Beta Update Hosed the Admin on a Mapped Site’ is closed to new replies.