I have just released beta 0.9.9 – stuffed with lots of shiny new features and several bug fixes.
This beta is being released for those interested in testing and confirming the following functionality works.
* added options to hide any non-essential input field in the event form
* time zone fix (blog time zone must be set to a city value, not a numeric offset value)
* duration calculation on admin event detail fix
* added filter label customization option
* added filter to admin calendar view
* added support for right-to-left language localization
* added display of uneditable events in administrative mode (nod to Treyer Lukas)
* added option to navigation between calendar months by scrolling the mouse wheel
* added optional shortcode parameter to only display events from one or more categories [calendar categories=”1,2,3″] default: displays all categories
* added optional shortcode parameter to exclude display of categories in the categories option[calendar excluded=true] default: false
* added optional shortcode parameter to set default filter category_id option [calendar filter=3] default: All
* added optional shortcode parameter to toggle the calendar view between week and month [calendar view=week] default: month
* added optional shortcode parameter to display a specific calendar month on load [calendar month=10] default: current month
* added optional shortcode parameter to display a specific calendar year on load [calendar year=2012] default: current year
* added optional shortcode parameter to hide calendar week and month buttons [calendar views=false] default: true
* added optional shortcode parameter to hide calendar month navigation prev and next buttons [calendar nav=false] default: true
* added optional shortcode parameter to enable calendar month navigation via the mouse wheel [calendar scroll=true] default: false
* replaced loading modal with growl to reduce impact of visual transition
* modified upcoming widget filter from number of weeks to maximum events displayed
* modified upcoming widget format to display only start date and time
* modified show event detail so that date/time format displays on a single line
* added upcoming events option to toggle category colors in widget
* added aec prefix to widgets for visual grouping
* added id field (to support new shortcode options) and modified layout of category management for improved readability
* updated help text
* added arabic localization
* added romanian localization
* updated norwegian localization
* updated italian localization
* updated french localization
Please post any issues here, so that everyone can see the results and avoid duplicate effort.
I will also happily receive updated translations at this time.Please note, this thread is NOT for new functionality requests.
Thank you, Eran.
I’d be interested in trying this out but just wondering if it will reset all the events that I have entered so far?
Only if you run into problems and have to uninstall. I always recommend testing beta versions with data you can afford to lose or easily restore.
Sorry for the noob question but I can’t install the beta without deleting the previous version, which says uninstalling will delete all data, is there some way of updating that I’m missing?
If you are unfamiliar with the ins and outs of remote file management via ftp client, I don’t recommend beta testing this plugin on an existing installation.
I am currently using Dreamweaver for my FTP client, so I should just upload it manually and make a backup of the previous version?
I recommend using a separate installation of WordPress, that way you don’t risk any data from your live site. Beta testing this plugin is not a good idea for the uninitiated, if you haven’t done it before I don’t think you’ll want to start with this plugin.
uploaded and after reviewing your notes, looks good
have not dug in deep to all, but like what I see
Installed and all seems fine, also ajax is faster than before.
Italian translation need some light upgrades and there is some typo here and there like on menu “Dettagio Attività” instead of “Dettaglio Attività”.
A good work 🙂
Thanks a lot, Eran
First – thanks a lot for that great plugin, Eran!
The new features, mainly filtering categories, are a big step.
Just installed the beta. Didn’t do much testing so far. It works 🙂
The “Add Events” link in frontend isn’t translated. There is an correspondig entry in the po file (german in my case), marked with “fuzzy” 😉
A nice idea might be, if it would possible to choose the location for the external link in an event. Now it open it with “_blank”, but i like usually to link to an internal page with more information, so “_self” would be better for me.
Please note, this is a beta release and anyone can translate this plugin, indeed, I would encourage you to make corrections to the translations and email them to me.
Please abide by the rules of this thread and refrain from making new feature requests. This thread is exclusively for shaking out any bugs from the beta release.
Installed on our testing site. Tried to click on “Settings” in the Installed Plugins menu and got this error:
You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.
Internal Server Error
Unfortunately this is the primary WordPress user for our test site. The first one created at install that should always have access to everything. How do I fix this?
The fix should be as simple as deactivating and reactivating the plugin.
Let me know if not.
Was this a clean database installation or did you have a previous version of the plugin installed? I want to rule out any outlying factors so I can correct this exception.
Ah, deactivating and reactivating worked. I should have tried that first. The beta was installed over an existing install. That was probably the problem. Thanks!
- The topic ‘Beta Release 0.9.9’ is closed to new replies.