Best Practice SinglePages, custom pages
I have multiple questions about best practices for wordpress. I want to do things so that official upgrades do not break the changes. In addition I want the maximum flexibility for the end user from the admin screen. I do not want them to ftp files.
My Background: I have been developing websites for 10 years. I could make it work but I want to know the best way.
1. I am building custom template for the site with header, footer, content etc. What should I do for a landing page? Create a “Page” with a custom php file?
2. How do I force this custom page to be the index or default page?
3. Do I just use the media upload for all images? What is the proper way to insert them into the posts or pages?
4. If I do not use the media upload for the images do I just add them to a images folder in the wordpress root or in the theme?
5. Any way to get rid of the username and date of post for certain pages. I have some pages that will be pretty static but I would like the user to be able to edit them like they were a post. Maybe a particular template for those pages?
- The topic ‘Best Practice SinglePages, custom pages’ is closed to new replies.