I will be running a smallish site. A lot of the visitors are non-techie, so it needs to be easy and intuitive.
I'm currently running phpbb, and I'm switching for a few reasons:
- I want to integrate the forum into my theme.
- I dislike core changes in phpbb being broken with every upgrade. Plugins would make thie easier.
- I want it to display well on mobile.
- I want a single sign on with WP.
- These plugins look more simple and user-friendly than phpbb to novice users without requiring a lot of customization to make it so.
I've read some forum comparison articles, and I've narrowed it down to these two. However, most of the articles were written a couple years ago or more, and it's my understanding that bbpress has grown a lot in the last couple years?
Why is Simple Press not listed in the plugins on wordpress.org? I was going to compare the number of downloads and ratings vs bbpress.