Backing up WordPress – advice requested
I need advice on backing up my WordPress installation either using WP plugins or my CPanel routines or both. This assumes total loss of my host service and necessity to reinstate my site on another server. Any answers to the questions below would be much appreciated.
I understand that I need to backup the files that make the web pages and the database that contains the posts and content.
1) Can anyone recommend a WP backup plugin with support? So far, I have not found one which offers this support – just a defunct forum etc.
2) Using CPanel, does a full back-up cover everything I need?
3) Usng CPanel, what is a home directory backup?
4) Using Cpanel I appear to have three databases: wordpresslc, wrdp1 and wrdp2. Do I have to backup all three?
5) Are (3) and (4) included in (2)?
6) What happens with images? Are they included in (2)?
Many thanks – any answers would help a great deal. I can’t find the answers in the WP documentation anywhere.
- The topic ‘Backing up WordPress – advice requested’ is closed to new replies.