I don’t see my particular issue listed any where, so I’ll add mine.
The entirety of my back-end breaks with the new updated NextGen Gallery. I had to go into my FTP server and physically remove the folder in order to get my WP-Admin back up.
I noticed when the break happened that the majority of my front-end still worked.
The breaks on the front end were in my blog page, and the pages with galleries inserted onto them (my portfolios pages – not the tests ones).
When I updated the WP core, it worked fine. I updated NextGen Gallery all by itself, which is how I knew that was the culprit.
As I adore your work, feel free to e-mail me, and I can set up a demonstration.
– WordPress up to date?: Yes
– NextGEN up to date?: Yes, that’s what caused the problem. Now deleted. Have problem files pulled to harddrive.
– What version of NextGEN Gallery did you upgrade from? (i.e. I had 1.9.8, then upgraded to 1.9.12): Bad programmer and forgot to check. Last update was approximately March of this year.
(please confirm the following, with your server host tech) :
– MySQL up to date (at least 5.2.4)?: Yes
– PHP up to date (at least 5.0)?: Yes
– The mod_rewrite Apache module activated?: I believe so.
– PHP Safe Mode OFF?: Correct
Additional information that will help us find a solution:
– Who are you hosted with?: Private
– What theme are you running?: Modified Aurora.
– Which plugins do you have installed and activated?:
- jQuery Lightbox for Native Galleries
- SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam
- WordPress Dashboard Twitter
- WP Google Analytics
- WP Simple Paypal Shopping Cart
- WP Simple RSS Feed Reader
– Does this error still occur if you switch your theme to the WP default, and deactivate all plugins except NextGEN Gallery? (*be sure to clear your browser cache and reload your site after deactivating): Yes.
- The topic ‘Back-end whites out, unable to deactivate without deleting folder on server’ is closed to new replies.