AWS and WordPress Advice
I am looking to do a brand new install of WordPress for a client on their AWS account. Now, having never used AWS before, I am slightly concerned that this solution is over complex. I am used to using my own shared server with cPanel.
Essentially what I am trying to achieve is:
1. Set up AWS with the required elements (ideally should scale automatically based on usage). Including the database.
2. Point a custom domain to the AWS DNS.
3. Ideally, I would like to set up a beta environment for the build i.e beta.mydomain.com and then easily transfer across to http://www.mydomain.com when ready to go live.
4. Once configured, is it possible to access and edit/upload files to the server via FTP as easily as if it were on shared hosting?
This all seems more complex than I initially thought, and I am used to working with servers and generally know my way around, but AWS seems like a whole new level of server management – how much do Amazon take care of for you?
Any help much appreciated,
- The topic ‘AWS and WordPress Advice’ is closed to new replies.