Running 3.5.1 on http://pajamaproductivity.com ... yesterday I installed and activated three new plugins - Title Split Testing, WordFence, and Pinterest Image Pin. Immediately after doing so without incident, I noticed a warning message that I needed to reauthorize the AWeber plugin - a process that consists of a click, copy of a verification code, paste back into settings and save. Did this several times but kept getting another error message ("unable" to connect with the API - I'm paraphrasing).
I deactivated then deleted the AWeber plugin. I then searched for it to upload it again but got the following:
"An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums."
I deactivated all the plugins I installed yesterday, and tried again with the AWeber plugin. No changes.
I've searched through some of the past threads on this issue and they don't seem to apply to me - I'm not behind a corporate firewall, I'm not running anything but vanilla self-hosted WP 3.5.1., etc. I've done a Sucuri scan - no signs of malware or hacks.
It's ironically not an immediate problem - I haven't been using the AWeber plugin, and can get by with the coded form in the sidebar widget. But it makes me wonder what else is going on, and whether this might have some other unfortunate consequence.