- Saw the message: "WordPress 2.7.1 is available! Please update now."
- Clicked on link
- I decided that I needed to do a backup first and not to proceed for now with the upgrade, so clicked back to site --> empty screen!!!
- Went into /wp-admin, checked Plugins --> none!! (should be 4)
- Panic, breathe deeply and slowly
- Proceed with automatic upgrade --> lots of "permission denied" errors
- CHMOD WP-CONTENT to 777
- Proceed with automatic upgrade --> runs "forever"
- Got tired of waiting, check Plugins --> all back, but deactivated
- Reactivate Plugins, CHMOD WP-CONTENT back to 755, verify site --> seems OK.
1. Is the automatic upgrade messing with the permission???
2. What are the recommended file permissions for the various folders and files in WP?