Could someone please let me know if the following is possible and if so.. what will be the best way of doing it.
I use Advance Access Manager plugin (latest version) and by default have the registered users directed to the Author role, what I would like to do is, is the following:
1. User register
2. Pop up form asking the user if he/she wants to Opt out or Opt in to view adult content
2. A. If the user choose to opt in, he/she will have the Author user role.
2. B. If the user choose to opt out, he/she will have a different user role, a role which I defined in Access Manager plugin.
3. If you refer to my website, and looking at the following post, http://www.sweepbook.com/2012/x-factor-us-predict-the-winner/ you will notice that to the top right of the post, there is a post which is part of Adult content, how can this be hidden from visitor and user that has opted out of viewing such content.
Ideally I would like to have the opt in / opt out option automated rather than going into the user’s account and manually update it. It would more sense to change it automatically when the user makes a selection.
Though my post here relates much to AAM plugin, I do not get any replies from them.
Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘Automatic role change’ is closed to new replies.