• Resolved polychrome

    (@polychrome)


    As mentioned in the subject, the autolink features does not work when assigned to a custom taxonomy. If I switch to “tags” it works perfectly, but not for my custom taxonomy.

    My custom taxonomy “Brands” is attached to a custom post type “Products” and I would like my “Posts” to autolink to those brands taxonomy.

    I tried attaching the “Brands” taxonomy to “Posts” to see if the problem was solved, but it does not help.

    Does anyone knows a solution to this issue?

    Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Author ojopaul

    (@ojopaul)

    Hello @polychrome

    Thanks for reporting this issue, we’ve released version 3.7.2 to fix the reported issue.

    Kindly update, test and get back if there’s any other issue

    Regards.

    Thread Starter polychrome

    (@polychrome)

    Hi @ojopaul ,

    It now works like a charm.

    Thanks for the fantastic support (and plugin)

    CK MacLeod

    (@ck-macleod)

    I suspect that the fix, whatever it was, is the source of a huge upsurge of errors – about 100 per second – of the following type that we are now seeing in our PHP logs:

    [13-Apr-2023 15:56:14 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $case in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-tags/inc/class.client.autolinks.php on line 839
    [13-Apr-2023 15:56:14 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $rel in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-tags/inc/class.client.autolinks.php on line 839
    [13-Apr-2023 15:56:14 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $case in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-tags/inc/class.client.autolinks.php on line 839
    [13-Apr-2023 15:56:14 UTC] PHP Warning: Undefined variable $rel in /var/web/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/simple-tags/inc/class.client.autolinks.php on line 839

    CK MacLeod

    (@ck-macleod)

    I’ll note also that reverting to the old version of class.client.autolinks.php also resolved additional errors we were getting – and that were putting up some front end critical errors – that on the surface did not look likely to be connected.

    …wondering if I should start a separate thread.

    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by CK MacLeod.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by CK MacLeod.
    CK MacLeod

    (@ck-macleod)

    Sorry, one last note: The logged errors are, as you probably know, common for PHP 8.1, which is sensitive to undefined variables

    Plugin Author Steve Burge

    (@stevejburge)

    @ck-macleod Are you definitely using 3.7.2?

    CK MacLeod

    (@ck-macleod)

    Oops… somehow the installation missed the update or update notice. I’ve replaced 3.7.1 (reverted) with 3.7.2, and all is good.

    Sorry!

    I’m also experiencing auto links not working on a custom post type. I’m using Directorist plugin. Taxopress Autolinks recognizes the post type and its tags but it doesn’t auto link the term. I’ve auto added some terms and the terms show up but the link does not. Here is an example (auto added term: citizenship) not linked in the second paragraph of the text.

    https://www.cominghomeworcester.org/re-entry-services/dismas-of-vermont/

    I did verify that it works with normal posts/tags.

    Plugin Author Steve Burge

    (@stevejburge)

    @kdcpelt Thanks for using TaxoPress.

    Please start a new thread rather than follow up from on that’s 6 months old.

    That avoid sending emails to everyone who posted months ago.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Autolink not working with custom taxonomy’ is closed to new replies.