Support » Plugin: SearchIQ - The Search Solution » Autocomplete stopped working

  • On April 25th, autocomplete suddenly stopped working. I did not change anything on my site.

    I tried to index everything again, tried it on a backup, but nope…

    Also, the ‘preview thing’ in the admin section doesn’t work anymore.

    Anyone has an idea? The normal search (if you do enter) works as usual.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Plugin Author SearchIQ

    (@searchiq)

    @alex845 We will check the issue and update you.

    Thank you 😉

    Plugin Author SearchIQ

    (@searchiq)

    Hi Alex,

    It is up and working now, in SearchIQ side the searchBox name was configured to “zoeken” but on your website it is “s”. After I made that change it is working again.

    Thanks,
    SearchIQ team

    Yess, it works again!

    Thank you for the unbelievable fast support.

    Now that I’m here; one more question 😉

    I use a seperate WP install for mobile users. (m.mydomain.com).

    Is there a recommended way to use searchiq on that mobile subdomain?

    Right now, it works, but there are two minor problems:

    – it shows links to the desktop version. If a user clicks on them, he will be redirected to the correct mobile version, but this takes some time. Is there a way to show mobile users direct links to the mobile site?

    – it seems that the mobile plugin uses the settings from the desktop site. No big problem, but it causes a mixed content warning. As the mobile site was basically a copy/paste from the desktop version, I tried to completely uninstall searchiq by also deleting its entries in the wp-options table. But after installing searchiq again, it still links to the desktop plugin. Any idea how to fix this?

    Best regards,
    Alex

    Plugin Author SearchIQ

    (@searchiq)

    Hi Alex,

    We will check your query and update soon.

    Thanks,
    SearchIQ team

    Plugin Author SearchIQ

    (@searchiq)

    Hi Alex,

    We are unable to open your mobile site m.eboek.info.

    As you have a separate WordPress install for mobile users, then mobile posts should be indexed as a separate engine in our system. Both mobile and desktop installs are different, so you can index both sites as separate engines and both will have their own settings. These will work separately without any conflict.

    Please index mobile site as a separate site. For this, you need to clear the plugin configuration on the mobile website admin and then use the API key to index this site again. This would solve the issue.

    Thanks,
    SearchIQ team

    Did you see a forbidden error at my site? It is a known problem that some browsers as Opera Mobile tell the user that they don’t have permission to access the server. And I have really no idea why…. Chrome and Firefox work fine.

    When I try to do a full sync I receive the following message:

    Bulk indexing failed. Search engine not found. engineKey = 1d8b8174ad55d825c795b14009b1a96a, please try again after some time.

    After I tried it again, I was redirected to a page where I can create a search engine. However, doing this results into:

    Domain already exists, please try again after some time.

    So it seems that searchiq doesn’t recognize a subdomain as a new domain (and I’m on a free account, so I think I can have only one domain?)

    Best regards,
    Alex

    Small update: it looks that I finally managed to solve the Opera browser problem: deleting the ‘hackrepair.com blacklist’ in .htaccess did the trick

    This was really the last thing I expected to be a troublemaker 😉

    Plugin Author SearchIQ

    (@searchiq)

    Hi Alex,

    Mobile site is opening now. Yes, in free account you can only create 1 engine and even subdomain is a new domain to us.

    Please confirm if you are using different ‘db’ for mobile and desktop sites. If so, then how have you defined the site URLs?

    Yes, both sites use a different database.

    In searchiq I only index the posts, which have the following permalink structure:

    /stripboeken/strips-%postname%/

    For instance: /stripboeken/strips-superman-en-spider-man/

    Only difference between mobile and desktop links is the ‘m’ in front of the domain.

    Relative URL’s might be the solution?

    Best regards,
    Alex

    Plugin Author SearchIQ

    (@searchiq)

    Hi Alex,

    In this case, you need to create separate search engines for desktop and mobile sites to work. In free plan, we only allow to create 1 engine. So, to index mobile site separately you need to upgrade to our Startup plan.

    That’s a pity, but on the other hand, it works fine the way it is now (with a redirect), so the only benefit would be that the page loads a bit smoother and it looks a bit more professional.

    Thanks for the help,
    Alex

    Plugin Author SearchIQ

    (@searchiq)

    @alex845 Great to know it’s working fine.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Autocomplete stopped working’ is closed to new replies.