What I’d like to achieve is this:
1) Place each author’s name in a slider tab, wrapped in <span class=”rsTmb”>First and Last names go here</span>
2) Then, wrapped in <div> </div>, is the content:
- author’s avatar
- custom field named “author_status”
- author’s latest post title
- latest post excerpt
- latest post meta
That’s ideal, but author_status and post meta are optional.
Everything that is in bold above is working.
The problems are:
- 3 author names show up in separate tabs just fine, but then the rest of them are bunched together on a 4th tab
- still need to show custom field for the author (‘author_status’ assigned using a custom field on the Author page)
- authors are listed in alphabetical order. I’d like to sort them by latest post, that is – whoever wrote the latest post should be first, then the guy before him etc.
Thank you in advance!
Post meta was obviously easy enough to add using the standard code. 2 issues remaining:
1) Author name wrapping stil only works up to 3 tabs, the 4th one has everything grouped together;
2) Need to add custom field to the array.
Ok, I figured out that one author with 0 posts was messing up the tabs.
I need to add IF statement, that is “if post exists”. Any assistance much appreciated!
To-Do list update:
1) Add custom field to the array;
2) Sort authors by latest post, not alphabetically.
Got the Author Custom Field to show up using this:
<?php the_author_meta( 'author_status', $user->ID ); ?>
Placed where in the repeatable content area. Just change ‘author_status’ to the name of your Author custom field.
Sort authors by last post. I think right now they’re sorted by Author ID, definitely not alphabetically, I was wrong.
- The topic ‘Authors in a Tabbed Slider’ is closed to new replies.