I’ve read every other support thread that describes a similar problem, but none of them resolves my issue.
– logged into dev.twitter.com
– created a new application
– filled in name, description, website, and callback url
– agreed to rules, filled in captcha
– copied consumer key and consumer secret to plugin settings page
– clicked update options
– clicked ‘authorize new account’
Instead of being redirected to Twitter, the page refreshes, and I’m still in WordPress admin, on the Twitter Widget Pro settings page.
I have tried the following, based on other threads:
– Disabled other plugins
– Ensured that I have entered my WP site domain in the twitter app callback url field
– Adding random site domains to the callback url field
– WordPress 3.5.1
– IIS 7
– PHP 5.4.0
A few extra notes
– on dev.twitter.com, my access token wasn’t created, but there was a button allowing me to create one, so I did that.
– my blog domain starts with ‘blog’, so my callback url is http://blog.[my blog name].com
– I can use the advanced rest client in Chrome to make API calls, and get successful responses
What else could I be missing?
- The topic ‘Authorize New Account does not redirect’ is closed to new replies.