I've read every other support thread that describes a similar problem, but none of them resolves my issue.
- logged into dev.twitter.com
- created a new application
- filled in name, description, website, and callback url
- agreed to rules, filled in captcha
- copied consumer key and consumer secret to plugin settings page
- clicked update options
- clicked 'authorize new account'
Instead of being redirected to Twitter, the page refreshes, and I'm still in WordPress admin, on the Twitter Widget Pro settings page.
I have tried the following, based on other threads:
- Disabled other plugins
- Ensured that I have entered my WP site domain in the twitter app callback url field
- Adding random site domains to the callback url field
- WordPress 3.5.1
- IIS 7
- PHP 5.4.0
A few extra notes
- on dev.twitter.com, my access token wasn't created, but there was a button allowing me to create one, so I did that.
- my blog domain starts with 'blog', so my callback url is http://blog.my blog name].com
- I can use the advanced rest client in Chrome to make API calls, and get successful responses
What else could I be missing?