[ Moderator note: moved to Fixing WordPress. ]
I have a few authors for my website. All of them (with all other subscribers and non-subscribers) can comment underneath an article. But I have 1 author who seems not to be able to comment underneath an article. He can write and publish articles himself but can’t comment.
– I already looked if he was in the blacklist but he isn’t.
– I already surfed the net to find some answers but nothing I can use came up.
– I already logged him out everywhere and gave him a new password but that didn’t seem to help.
Is there anybody who can tell why this is happening because I don’t know it anymore.
Thanks in advance.
The website I need help with:
Can you give a little more detail about what is happening when he tries to comment? Is the form not showing? Is the form not working? Is there an error of some kind?
If it’s just one person, it very well could be client-side. He may be using an extension that blocks scripts or something like that.
- This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by csloisel.
The Error message he gets is:
“Please fill in name and email to comment.”
But that doesn’t make any sense, no? He is logged in to the website and he is author.
Okay … what we tried …
– Author made a new account to test if the same problem occurs, and yes it’s the same.
– User says he has no extensions or adblockers in his Chrome browser.
– User used hotmail email address so we tried a gmail email address with another new test-account … same problem.
I guess the user isn’t a pc freak (nerd) like me and does something wrong because …
– I asked him to open the website in another browser, login and try again commenting under an article and guess what … I worked!
So … the user can’t comment in the Chrome browser but can comment in the Firefox browser! That’s strange because I also use the Chrome browser and don’t have any problems at all. So it must have something to do with extensions or adblocker, right?
Oh well … I know a lot about this things, but this one is bigger than myself I guess. 😛
Thanks anyway for the help. Problem solved (partial).
- The topic ‘Author who can’t comment’ is closed to new replies.