We upgraded our site to 3.6 about a week ago…it ran great for the first couple days and now everything is falling apart.
When I try to access the main site or control panel I get a 500 server error:
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.site.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
So I checked the error logs and found these 5 unique error messages:
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare has_shortcode() in /…/wp-content/themes/cadenzaNew/functions.php on line 426
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare has_shortcode() (previously declared in /…/wp-includes/shortcodes.php:153) in /…/wp-content/themes/cadenzaNew/functions.php on line 445
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_filter() in /…/wp-includes/class-wp-embed.php on line 20
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class WP_Embed in /…/wp-includes/class-wp-embed.php on line 9
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_shortcode() in /…/wp-includes/class-wp-embed.php on line 23
Obviously the biggest problem here seems to be caused by the
add_shortcodefunction, but I’m not sure how to resolve it.
So far I’ve tried…
– renaming .htaccess to .htaccess-old
– uploading a clean .htaccess file
– turning off plugins
– turning off cadenzaNew theme
– uploading clean versions of wp-admin and wp-includes (after deleting old version)
– going back to WordPress 3.5
– re-uploading everything from a site backup from the day before everything started messing up
– trying to fix
add_shortcodein wp-settings.php, class-wp-embed.php, and functions.php
But the answer seems to be going right over my head. I’m really at a loss as to what else to do.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
- The topic ‘Attack of the PHP Fatal Errors’ is closed to new replies.