Support » Plugin: Attachments » Attachments in multilanguage website

  • NikkoVr87

    (@nikkovr87)


    Hi,

    It seems that Attachments and the qTranslate plugin cannot work together.
    If I try to attach something (with the qTranslate plugin activated) the page content disappears, and the attachment’s caption shows instead.

    This happens only with the qTranslate plugin activated. (and of course I’ll report the problem also to qTranslate plugin’s page)

    I’ve tried it also in a new installation with only the default wordpress (with 2012 theme installed) and the two plugins activated.

    Any solution?
    Thanks.

    Versions
    WP: 1.5.1
    Attachments: 3.4.2.1
    qTranslate: 2.5.34

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/attachments/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Jonathan Christopher

    (@jchristopher)

    I’ve never used qTranslate before but will try to take a look when I can.

    Plugin Author Jonathan Christopher

    (@jchristopher)

    I’ve installed an activated qTranslate but can’t replicate your issue easily. Can you please record a screencast of the issue and post the link here so I’m able to more quickly look into the issue?

    NikkoVr87

    (@nikkovr87)

    Basically that’s what happens: I create a page and save the content (in the different languages) and all is ok, as you can see in this picture.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3054947/page.png

    Then if I add an attachment and save the page again, the attachment’s caption takes the place of the page content.

    No text, if the caption is empty
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3054947/updated.png

    Or the text of the caption if something is written in it
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3054947/done.png

    And it also affects the front-end (and that’s the big problem)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3054947/front-end.png

    I don’t know. Maybe is the way qTranslate manages the translations
    ex. <!–:en–>Random text<!–:–><!–:it–>Testo a caso<!–:–>

    Plugin Author Jonathan Christopher

    (@jchristopher)

    Thank you for following up, it looks to me like it comes down to how qTranslate stores it’s data and what it does to Custom Field data (which Attachments uses to store data) but the behavior is quirky, I’m only able to replicate the issue on the first save, and subsequent saves work as expected:

    http://d.pr/v/pTXB

    I’d be interested to hear what the qTranslate guys have to say about it.

    NikkoVr87

    (@nikkovr87)

    Well… I’ll try with another clean installation and hope everything works fine (at least from the second save on)…
    Anyway, as soon as I know something from the guys from qTranslate, I’ll let you know.

    Thanks a lot!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Attachments in multilanguage website’ is closed to new replies.