Support » Plugin: Async JavaScript » Async JS problem with WPForms

  • Hello,

    Thanks to a customer report, I realized lately that my formulars (built with WPForms Lite) were not working on iPhones. They work on Android and Computers.

    Digging into this I was told it could be a problem with the reCaptcha. I did contact WPForms support about this and they found out that another pluging was optimizing their script a wrong way… playing with activating-deactivating my plugins I found out that your Async JS pluggin was causing the problem.

    I reactivate your pluggin, search your support forum, and get to the parameters to:

    a) exclude following scripts trhough the ‘Script exclusion’ parameter
    /wp-content/plugins/wpforms-lite/assets/js/wpforms.js, wpforms.js, google.com/recaptcha, api.js

    b) exclude WPForms Lite through the ‘Plugin exclusions’ parameter

    but still, the forms aren’t working when I leave Async JavaScript activated.

    Did I mistype the script exclusions ? I wonder this because I’m not sure if I should write there only the script filename or its entire path. I’m also not sure if the path ‘google.com/recaptcha’ is the correct one for, when looking into my website files structure, I don’t find a google folder…

    Any Idea on how to exclude these the right way?

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    the exclusions look OK (you can use by script filename or -part of- the path), but:
    * you’re also using Autoptimize, so you might have to exclude wpfroms from being autopimized
    * you might want to try “defer” iso “async” (as the latter does not honor script order)
    * if the form does not work have a look at the browser console for JS errors, those might help identifying the root cause

    hope this helps,
    frank

    Thank you Frank for your clues, it seems to be solved now!

    For your info, and for those who might encouter the same problem as me later:

    – though the Autoptimize alone didn’t create the problem, I tryed to exclude google.com/recaptcha__fr, wpforms.js from it, without any success

    – I solved this problem through switching every “async” Settings from “async” JavaScript into “defer” as you told me. And now it’s all right also on iPhone.

    Have a nice WE and thanks again for your help!
    Yvan

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    happy it now works Yvan, have a great weekend as well! 🙂

    and feel free to leave a review of the plugin and support here! 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.