WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » AppStore Links – product not found

AppStore Links – product not found

  • I posted some of this at the end of a supposedly resolved issue thread.

    I recently installed the Appstore Links plugin. I cannot get it to work it just outputs “Artikel wurde nicht gefunden” in place of the called data.

    The developer suggests a number of things including allow_url_fopen =on. Most hosts will not allow this and and this kind of url collection is weak compared to Curl.

    I have tried in php.ini and .htaccess but it doesn’t overide the server settings in .htaccess it gives a 500 error

    I guess this is because allow_url_fopen is supposed to be an injection security risk.

    Will it be impossible for me to get this plugin to work? Should i give up now, is there an alternative

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • what is interesting is it only happens on the UK store, when i change it to US store it starts fetching

    then I put php.ini directly inside the appstore plugin folder and change the allow_url_fopen = 1 rather than ‘on’ and it all suddenly works.

    Very odd.

    If there is anyone out there who can help it would be gratefully received. I have got the image etc to come up but

    1. It is stamped with REMOVED, when it is not

    2. The link just comes straight back to my site in a loop

    why is this

    I also tried out the widget and this links in this way and goes nowehere

    http://sitename.com/help/wp-content/plugins/appstore/AppStore.php?appid=343200656

    Soemthing is not coming from Appstore.php?

    Plugin Author Ste-Bi
    Member

    @ste-bi

    The plugin tries it two ways.

    function get_remote_file($url)
    {
        if (ini_get('allow_url_fopen')) {
            return @file_get_contents($url);
        }
        elseif (function_exists('curl_init')) {
            $c = curl_init($url);
            curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
            curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
            $file = curl_exec($c);
            curl_close($c);
            return $file;
        }
        else {
            die('Could not access file from remoteserver!');
        }
    }

    It works on all of our blogs, so if anyone has an answer please let me know to fix this behavior.

    Thanks for getting back

    can you tell me what the url should look like…or is it correct but just not working for some reason.

    The only things I can think of are my site has a different wordpress url to site address url and is bridged into a different set up in order to get the theme the saem across the whole site.

    Also on the general link, although I am waiting for Apple approval, tradedoubler says links should work but I get:

    “There is no relationship between this site and the advertiser.”

    [TradeDoubler link]

    This link using this kind of code [app 307658513] works better from US site than UK, any reason for this.

    I can see the plugin could be brilliant, I just wonder if I am doing something werong, or might need some adjustments to suit my sites construction

    Plugin Author Ste-Bi
    Member

    @ste-bi

    These should work in every country (Apples Remote App)

    [app 284417350]

    [app id=”284417350″]

    [app id=”284417350″ screenshots=true]

    [appimg 284417350]

    [appext 284417350]

    If you will get an error on an tradedoulber-link also the ID could be wrong. The ID you have to insert is not the programm-ID it should be the partner-ID (there’s a link to a youtube Video on the settingspage where this is described).

    I’m using WordPress variables to get the URLs from your page, so a weird setup should not be the problem (but it could). Whats your URL?

    Plugin Author Ste-Bi
    Member

    @ste-bi

    I also tried out the widget and this links in this way and goes nowehere

    http://sitename.com/help/wp-content/plugins/appstore/AppStore.php?appid=343200656

    Soemthing is not coming from Appstore.php?

    If “/help” is where your blog is installed this URL is correct, otherwise not!

    Although I am trying to set this up ina similar way on a number of sites.

    all sites are the same setup

    the wordpress address is http://www.macmend.com/help

    the wordpress site URL is
    http://www.macmend.com/blog/index.php

    I have tried is all ways, on macmend,com it goes to a blank page and gets no further than writng the link to the browser

    On jonathanspencer.net/blog it gives me a 500 error with a 404 error after writing to the browser.

    I just don’t get why it does not work

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘AppStore Links – product not found’ is closed to new replies.