[Resolved] Application: Modify the register action not to send Email
When we regsiter in the wordpress, the default method is to generate password automatically and send it to the user by Email. But if we are running wordpress in a test machine which is not connected to the internet, the registration would not be completed. In order to solve this problem, we could modify the registration page(wp-login.php) so that the system won’t send a Email, instead, shows the password to the user then regsitration is completed.
1. Open the file wp-login.php in the installation directory of your wordpress with a text editor.
2. Find code ‘wp_new_user_notification($user_id, $user_pass);’ replace it with the following two lines:
in this way the registration information was writen into the cookie.
3. Find code $errors->add(‘registered’, __(‘Registration complete. Please check your e-mail.’), ‘message’);
replace it with
$errors->add(‘registered’, __(‘Registration complete. username: ‘ . $_COOKIE[“u”] . ‘ password: ‘ . $_COOKIE[“user_pass”]), ‘message’);
4. save your file and restart the service, everything is OK!
[moderated] Signatures are not permitted, see forum rules.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Application: Modify the register action not to send Email’ is closed to new replies.