Support » Plugin: CFD Multi-Tiered Shipping For WooCommerce » Appears in checkout even if deactivated

  • I installed this plugin to test it but didn’t use it at the end (it seems to work well). I deactivated the plugin to keep it aside. Today I had a sell from the website and even if this plugin was deactivated, I discover today the settings are still visible in the woocommerce>shipping setting zone. And worse, the plugin shipping method was visible on the front end checkout page.
    A client select it to order a product…annoying.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author mhodges

    (@mhodges)

    Thanks for reporting these two issues and apologies for the inconvenience. I work to reproduce the problems and make corrections.

    Plugin Author mhodges

    (@mhodges)

    When I deactivate the plugin (but not delete it) I no longer see it listed in the shipping zone settings. Checking my reference website’s cart, I no longer see the custom shipping calculations that it performs. The plugin appears to deactivate correctly. Do you have any additional information that might help me understand your specific scenario? As it stands the plugin appears to work as intended.

    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  mhodges.

    Hello mhodges,
    Thanks for your awareness. All I can tell is my wordpress had to be updated, probably woocommerce too (4.9 > 4.92 and about 2 updates late for woorcoomerce), Super Cache was deactivated too, I just checked, it doesn’t pass trough Cloudflare. I use the Aurum theme. Appart from that, “?”. If you need some tests, I’m ready to help you or provide you requested info, just tell me what you need.

    Plugin Author mhodges

    (@mhodges)

    After considerable thought and searching the internet to see if others have had similar issues, I’m at a loss since I cannot reproduce what you are seeing. If you can remove the plugin entirely and confirm that removal clears the issue, that would be a start. If removal does not clear the issue, that would be an interesting data point in that it would suggest that there’s a cache mechanism in place that we’ve not considered.

    Hi mhodges,
    Really, I’m sorry for you to read you don’t find anything, it can be a glitch on my side, if the problem only showed up with my website, please don’t bother anymore.
    To answer you, yes, I removed the plugin (deleted) and it solved the problem.
    C.

    Plugin Author mhodges

    (@mhodges)

    If you have a test environment to play with I’d be curious to know if 1) installing this plugin without activating it triggers the issue you observed. If not, then 2) a simple activate followed by a deactivate without changing any of the settings. And if that still doesn’t trigger the issue you observed, 3) if changing and saving a setting and then deactivating triggers it.

    If you only have the one production environment, I don’t recommend that you experiment.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this review.