I'm looking for a way to set up twitter so that I can use my blog as the "host" for my tweet pics. I was using posterous, but I wanted to capture the traffic posterous was getting. I've seen a few plug ins, but haven't been able to get any of them to work correctly. In order to get a picture to posted to my blog, and then sent out as a tweet this is what I have to do for now....
1. Take the picture on the iPhone.
2. Open wordpress app on iPhone, make a new post, select the "iPhone" category (which I have excluded from appearing on the main blog)
3. Resize the image to 540
4. Upload the new post / picture
5. Open up safari, go to http://rickwsmith.com/blog/pictures/iphone and select the link to the picture / post I just created.
6. Open up tweetbot (thanks John) and then type in a message "Hey, look how much fun I'm having!"
7. Paste the link I got from safari
8. Hit send.
WOW...! That's a ton of work.
What I want to be able to do is just be able to do all of that from within my twitter app (twitter native app or tweetbot).
The other option is to use postie and then email the photos in, but I'd still have to go in and copy and past the link...
Finding a way to do this through twiiter would be the best way. I hoping there is a guru around here who has done it, or knows how to do it.
what would really be the icing on the cake is if when I did that, it looked more like a "picture" then a blog post to the person opening it up. When you click the link, it opens up the entire page, and takes a while to render..it'd be sweet if it could someone recognize the person is on a mobile, and just display the picture within the post...