I am considering setting up an online communtiy (WP based :-)) focussing on educational applications for WordPress. I don’t just mean student/teacher blogs – I mean all the other uses WP can be put to. Maybe somewhere like this already exists – but I have yet to find it!
I see it as a place for sharing ideas; detailed how-to’s; screencasts of possible uses; discussion forum.
Over the past year we have set up several WP installations to support our uni dept, and the hardest thing was hunting around for ideas/solutions to help solve specific issues that wouldn’t arise unless WP was being stretched to do something more than blogging.
We have built WP sites to:
– support teachers, by allowing them to exchange supplementary resources
– allow for online haiku-writing
– be a directory of the DVDs in a library, and a place for students to write movie review
– support a public speaking class. videos of speeches are uploaded, and teachers/peers offer critical feedback
I am sure many others have built / want to build similar interactive web applications using WP, but are being frustrated by the lack of an online community to support them.
I want to know if anyone else sees the need for this kind of online community – if so, I will go ahead and build it!
- The topic ‘Any interest in a community focussing on educational applications for WP?’ is closed to new replies.