Hmm, I just downloaded a WAMP stack called XAMPP, but I still cannot replicate my blog on my PC…
I downloaded my blog database and I changed the WP-config.php to be same with the real one online, but still it cant.
A few issues why may be these below: –>
My online blog has:
– database name of “myhostingusername_mydatabasename”
– username of “myhostingusername_mysqlusername”
As you can see, these are PREFIXED with my hosting user name.
As for the localhost, it doesnt have those prefixed usernames. But it can run partially if I just copied the names from the config file like below :
– database name of “mydatabasename”
– username of “mysqlusername”
Now it can run partially, because I think the database has all my real live URLs inside the database. So the WP is always trying to access the live site instead of running under… http://localhost/etc…
What should I edit in the database copy that I downloaded from my site and (have already imported into PHP MyAdmin)?
I think it must be something to change the urls in there to reflect http://localhost/foldername..etc
Do you know how, to replicate your blog on localhost?
- The topic ‘Any experts here who run WordPress on localhost?’ is closed to new replies.