[Resolved] Any chances to use styles in the print output
First of all many thanks for this excellen plug-in. Tried many, but this wins the competetion clearly. I was just wondering if it could be possibel to use styles (or e.g. print.css) for customisation of the print output? ps: I used the one you have included in the plug-in, however, it just effects my page to be printed not the print out itself?
well that is an excellent question! We’ll look into the smartest Jedi way to add style to the page. What makes more sense to you:
- just load up the theme’s style.css into the print page
- load only user generated custom css that could be entered into an options page
- Option Page: Toggle to load in theme’s css AND custom css textarea to enter/overwrite css for the print page
No promises when this would be ready, but when we have something to test, we’ll post it to this thread for you to download.
Sounds great – looking forward to testing it. Any one of the above options sounds ok, maybe #2 is easier for the beginner.
Or maybe this:
1. Option (dropdown/radio button): STYLE / NO STYLE. No style refers to the current version. If STYLE option is selected, then in the folowing option
2. The user chooses from a dropdown list one of the available style sheets in the /css directory (your example css with basic styling examples) or the one which the user uploads to that directory.
Good News! Alpha version 1.1a of Print-O-Matic is available for you to test: http://plugins.twinpictures.de/plugins/print-o-matic/
Once installed, check out the new Options Page under
Settings > Print-O-Maticin the Dashboard. Here you may add the theme’s css style and/or custom css style for the print-o-matic print out.
Can you dig it? Oh yeah!
Let us know how it works for you… and if all goes well, we will issue the new version here on the WordPress Repo.
You were quick 🙂 I have just installed and run with the “theme” style. It functions without any problems. Text looks just fine, keeps its original style, without images, sidebars, footer etc. , all which is not needed for clean print. This rocks – superb, 10 points 🙂
With many thanks.
One minor question: why there is a hidden .svn directory in the new version?
Great. The hidden .svn directory is part of a covert government operation to collect all printed matter. Oh wait, no, it’s just part of the subversion system that snuck in there. It will not be in the full release. Worry not! Look for the official update in the next day or two.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Any chances to use styles in the print output’ is closed to new replies.