Another White Screen Of Death
Got a pretty major problem going on here. I’ve encountered the infamous White Screen of Death for the first time even though I’ve used WordPress for quite awhile. I’ve already taken some steps but the problem still persists so I need some extra help. I can’t seem to even get to the /wp-login.php and all of the wp-admin pages are the same. The funny this is is that I can still access /wp-login.php and wp-admin areas through a proxy browser. Proxy browsers I don’t believe load a certain type of stylesheet so maybe that’s the problem? I just don’t know quite where to start on that.
Note: This happened after I cleared my cache and browsing history on my web browser. It was running an older version of WordPress, so I then upgraded to 3.8.1 through the Proxy Browser hoping that would fix the problem but it didn’t.
The steps I have already taken.
1. I have already changed my plugins folder to a different name with no success. I even disabled all plugins through the proxy browser with no success.
2. Through proxy browser I was able to change my theme to the 2014 but that didn’t work either.
3. Yes, I have cleared my cache, restarted my computer a number of times with no avail.
4. I tried reverting back to WordPress 3.7. I manually copied over the required files and folders. I got the update the database screen through the Proxy Browser but that still didn’t work. I since then re-upgraded back to 3.8 because that didn’t work.
5. I have checked the wp-config.php file to make sure there weren’t any “.” or extra spaces at the end of the ?> tags at the bottom. I actually doubled checked this for many of the files. Yes, this didn’t work.
So now I’m at a loss. What other things can I do that could possibly be the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘Another White Screen Of Death’ is closed to new replies.