After discussing this briefly, I am releasing a first very preliminar version of my pMachine 2.0 import to WordPress 1.0.1 . This is for the current download version, not any CVS or more advanced/betas. It is released under the GPL.
The file is available here (update: scroll down for v 0.2).
PROCEED WITH CAUTION – BACKUP YOUR WP SETUP FIRST!
For some reason, categories are not displayed OK although database tables & fields seem to match.This may only work on a brand new install of WP, since member IDs are assumed to be sequential.
I tried it on my own pMachine 2.0 site and this is the result (forgive the broken design under IE). I use Mozilla Firefox (formerly Firebird) 0.8.
This is what’s working:
– Import of members AND non-members information, including admin or “active” level
– Import of categories
– Categories equivalency so category IDs match when importing posts
– Importing of posts
– Importing of comments, including all details (timestamps, IP for anon-posts, full member/non member info)
– Debug mode for viewing before doing things – will not show categories properly since there are 2 steps in the script
– Complete trace of everything being done, including every SQL query, even when in Debug mode
– Since passwords are encrypted in pmachine, I set the password to the first 6 characters of the encrypted thing, which ends up being a unique pwd. Not ideal, but enough to notify users to change it (instead of re-registering)
Here’s what needs to be fixed:
– Display of categories (see my resulting site for an example)
– Translation of special/ISO characters to UTF-8 or HTML entities
– Translation of pMachine code to whatever WP uses (again, see my target site for examples of URLs and other code being displayed instead of rendered)
– More validation
Please email me any code updates, via my website (there’s a contact form), or post here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.