[resolved] An unicode control character appeared above my site header, help! (5 posts)

  1. kilolima
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Specifically, the character is


    And has appeared on a line by itself above the header image in the twentythirteen theme, pushing everything else down. It's also visible in the source:

    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <!--[if IE 7]>
    <html class="ie ie7" lang="en-US">
    <!--[if IE 8]>

    ...and so on...

    I don't know where it came from or why. The last change I made to the site was to enable and disable the askimet plugin. How can I remove it?!

  2. kilolima
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Just noticed that the Unicode box is also at the top of the WP admin dashboard: screenshot

    Link to site.

  3. kilolima
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Discovered the source of the strange unicode character. It's from a plugin called "BWP Google XML Sitemaps":


    Once deactivated the unicode character is no longer present.

  4. Khang Minh
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi, I have replied to your email, we will continue the discussion there.

  5. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago #

    The point of these community-based forums is to help each other in a public space so that the whole community can benefit from the discussion and any solutions proposed. Private discussions take this benefit away.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic