Support » Alpha/Beta/RC » An Unexpected HTTP Error occurred during the API request on WordPress 3

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • well, that describes much about that. Thanks a million, gonna try that and will post back results.

    well, here i am, back again, the problem resolved by removing everything and installing wordpress on server back again. and it was working find untill yesterday, and all of a sudden, when i did nothing, I MEAN, I DID NOTHING, no installation, no theme change, no nothing, and all of a sudden it started to come again !

    An Unexpected HTTP Error occurred during the API request.

    Try again

    i’m absolutely fed up with this. can’t withstand it anymore. is there a proper fix. i mean actual fix, any debugging mode i can get into.

    please help, or tell me someother blogging platform than WORDPRESS.

    Moderator Dion Hulse

    (@dd32)

    Lead Developer

    Download and install the plugin ‘Core Control’: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/core-control/

    Head to it’s menu under Tools, Select the HTTP Access module, Save the page.
    Head over to the new HTTP tab along the top of the page.

    What transports is it using? Does it make a difference if you disable the currently active transport?

    here the snap:

    Transport Status Actions
    PHP HTTP Extension Not Available
    cURL Available Disable Transport | Test Transport Primary GET
    Primary POST
    Primary GET(non-blocking)
    Primary POST(non-blocking)

    PHP Streams Available Disable Transport | Test Transport
    PHP fopen() Available Disable Transport | Test Transport
    PHP fsockopen() Available Disable Transport | Test Transport

    which transport should i disable?

    it says on test transport for cURL

    An Error has occured: name lookup timed out

    Moderator Dion Hulse

    (@dd32)

    Lead Developer

    As the cURL transport is the currently active one, Disable that

    (It’s in order of priorities, If cURL is not available, it’ll switch to using PHP Streams, But ig the PHP HTTP Extension became available, it’d use that instead)

    “name lookup timed out” is a common-ish problem with curl installations, if something goes wrong, it’ll be that in most scenario’s.

    Disable the cURL transport and see how you go 🙂

    Thanks Dion, u’re a life saver. that really worked. I hope / wish someting else won’t start messing now 🙂

    thanks a million, Dion. That was really helpful.

    Moderator Dion Hulse

    (@dd32)

    Lead Developer

    No problem atifsiddiqui, I’m glad to hear it’s worked.

    Thanks Dion, Had the same problem and it is solved!!!

    great

    Blah, tried these steps, but it’s not working.

    These are what’s displayed next to the following:

    PHP HTTP Extension Not Available
    cURL Not Available

    When I try “test transport” I get an error message:

    An Error has occured: Could not open handle for fopen() to http://tools.dd32.id.au/wordpress/core-control.php

    Which in lies the problem I’m having, I can’t seem to connect to ANYTHING on the wordpress server to download (themes, plugins, upgrading wordpress) I once downloaded and installed the “third party host fix” plugin which seemed to have worked to solve this issue of connecting, but it’s now acting up again.

    Lil help??

    Moderator Dion Hulse

    (@dd32)

    Lead Developer

    These are what’s displayed next to the following:

    What do the Streams, fopen, and fsockopen lines read?

    From what I can assume, You’re using the fopen transport? (ie. Core Control says “Primary Get…” beside it?

    Try disabling the fopen transport by clicking “Disable Transport” beside it, It should cause WordPress to use the next available transport (I’m hoping that fsockopen() is marked as available?)

    thanks for the reply Dion,

    so the fopen only read “available”, it did not have “primary get..” beside it or anything like that. I’ve tried disabling it per your instructions. fsockopen() is marked available. Still no luck though.

    The “get…” stuff is next to the PHP Streams where it read:
    Primary GET
    Primary POST
    Primary GET(non-blocking)
    Primary POST(non-blocking)

    So weird. It was working beautifully up until this week. I am starting to think it’s my host though, I’m currently using a free host option. Here is my blog in case you might want the URL. http://mixmastermichael.byethost22.com

    Thanks for reading and trying to help. Any thoughts?

    Further note, when I try to upgrade WP I get this error relating to the fopen(), even when it’s been disabled.

    Download failed.: Could not open handle for fopen() to http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.1.zip

    Moderator Dion Hulse

    (@dd32)

    Lead Developer

    Would I be able to get a screenshot of the output of the HTTP Core Control page? You can either post it here or email it to me: [removed email]

    Ah, another note: disabled PHP streams, disabled, fopen(), kept fsock enabled, where it then had the “get” stuff:

    Primary GET
    Primary POST
    Primary GET(non-blocking)
    Primary POST(non-blocking)

    and it now seems to be working to upgrade / install new plugins and themes! … Still can’t upgrade automatically to wordpress 3.1, but I’ve never really had much luck with that before in the first place. Will post again if I still run into issues.

    Thanks so much for the help!
    Mike

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘An Unexpected HTTP Error occurred during the API request on WordPress 3’ is closed to new replies.