Support » Plugin: Proxy & VPN Blocker » An Odd Problem Since 1.6.1

  • Resolved citadelalliance

    (@citadelalliance)


    First, the plugin works very well. The problem is that other plugins have problems with it.

    From 1.6.1 thru 1.6.3, this is what happens.

    Searching for new plugins stops working. The little wheel goes round and round, forever.
    Wordfence’s live traffic feature can’t find any traffic, at all.
    The same happens with WPCerber.
    UpdraftPlus gives a warning that a plugin is injecting extra whitespace.

    That last part is how I discovered which plugin I’d recently updated, was the culprit.
    Now before you start worrying too much, I should tell you this isn’t your usual WordPress installation. Its a Bitnami WordPress installation running on Windows 10. If you have any ideas, I’d love to hear them. Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Plugin Author rickstermuk

    (@rickstermuk)

    Just an update on this,

    I have been notified of an issue with Anti Click Bombing and was now able to reproduce the errors you are having, if you turn ACB off in Proxy & VPN Blocker for the time being the errors should go away. I will have another update to fix this soon.

    Apologies for the inconvenience caused with this.

    Rick.

    Thread Starter citadelalliance

    (@citadelalliance)

    I am so glad you mentioned that. At 1 AM I was almost tearing my hair out trying to figure out why everything worked with 1.6.6. Since the installation I was using to test it on is not yet connected to the internet, I hadn’t turned on ACB. When I tried that, this morning, my results confirmed what you posted.

    My “going the extra mile” is probably “enlightened self-interest. 😉

    Thread Starter citadelalliance

    (@citadelalliance)

    All three sites are now running properly, with ACB turned off.

    Plugin Author rickstermuk

    (@rickstermuk)

    1.6.7 has removed the Anti-Clickbombing feature due to it being a bit problematic these days, perhaps this can be re-added in the future.

    Thread Starter citadelalliance

    (@citadelalliance)

    Thanks for the information. I’ve replaced the separate sites that I was running, with a WordPress Multisite installation, and can report that 1.6.7 works as expected.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘An Odd Problem Since 1.6.1’ is closed to new replies.