Installing your plugin on a multisite/network wp with one page in English and one in Spanish, and for what I see this works flawless – we have pages, posts and custom taxonomies linked together.
The only thing we are worried about is the dropdown menu in the admin page, used to link items together. When the sites will grow, this dropdown will be a nasty monstrosity to select from…
Do we have any alternative to this dropdown menu? (like the way we select tags for example…?)
Or can we at least order it by creation date? (this would bring the entry I just added in the other language to the top of the list)…
Or any other idea how to manage this? Are we missing something?
thank you for your time!
I have no answer for this issue at the moment. It is already known but I had no time to work on solution for that: https://github.com/lloc/Multisite-Language-Switcher/issues/27
Dennis, I knew you’
either you misunderstood my question, or you meant to point to this comment instead:
But the issue https://github.com/lloc/Multisite-Language-Switcher/issues/27 also worries me… Is this a common scenario? How many are “lots” of articles?
Dennis (seems like I have some typos in last post – sorry! 😉
I have patched my own solution for now.
Posting here (don’t know if this is a correct place, but I see you are very active here…):
edited lines 81-82:
` $my_query = new WP_Query(
‘post_type’ => $type,
‘post_status’ => ‘any’,
/* ‘orderby’ => ‘title’,*/
‘orderby’ => ‘modified’,
/*’order’ => ‘ASC’,*/
‘order’ => ‘DESC’,
‘posts_per_page’ => (-1),
Now I have the not-hierarchical posts showing by descending modified date order (that is: last edited on top)
It would be nice if we could have some kind of checkbox or whatever to select orderby (title/date/modified) and order (asc/desc) in the metabox.
Thank for your time
Yes, it looks like that these two issues are similar.
I remember that I modified the code some time ago because a user asked for that. Yes, could be that a filter in combination with some kind of configuration is the right way.
You could test the next version which will be available soon: https://github.com/lloc/Multisite-Language-Switcher
Instead of the dropdowns there are now input fields with autocomplete. This should resolve this problem.
- The topic ‘alternative to dropdown menu in admin page’ is closed to new replies.