NGG does not save Alt & Title Text or Description entries.
I uploaded a set of photos and then entered text for Alt text/Titles and Descriptions. After clicking the Save Changes button, all the Alt/Title fields reverted to upload values: file names, or "Digital Camera." All description fields reverted to blank or "Digital Camera." ("Digital Camera" seems to be in the metadata in some of the images)
I tried entering these fields for just one photo at a time, and saving. In another window, I viewed the results, and for the last description entered and saved, I was at that time able to see the caption in the lightbox and as a title in the thumbnail gallery, as I desired. However, it was saved only for the most recent entry. Captions I saved previously were now wiped out, apparently at the last save. Returning to the gallery management screen, the fields I had entered were blank or returned to the value from when the images were uploaded.
My site: http://www.tompotika.org/trash/
- WordPress is up to date: (3.6.1)
- NextGEN is up to date: (2.0.31)
Confirmed by my host server staff:
- Is MySQL up to date (at least 5.2.4)? I am running 5.1.66
- Is PHP up to date (at least 5.0)? Yes
- Is the mod_rewrite Apache module activated? Yes
- Is PHP Safe Mode OFF? Yes
- Who are you hosted with?
- What theme are you running?
Headway v. 3.5.5
- Which plugins do you have installed and activated?
P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)
Visual Form Builder Pro
WP Super Cache
- Does this error still occur if you switch your theme to the WP default, and deactivate all plugins except NextGEN Gallery? (*be sure to clear your browser cache and reload your site after deactivating)
Yes, it still wipes out previously entered alt tags/titles, and descriptions on save.