Thank you for your recent and timely response in which you assert that "This is not true". I made six different assertions within this post. For the sake of readers following this thread, please indicate which are true, and which are not true so that we all can better understand and decide about the utility of this plugin for our purposes.
1. The alphabetical navigation index was created and developed by a third party.
2. The author of CM Super Tooltip Glossary does not support problems arising from the installation or use of this third party developed navigation index feature.
3. The author of CM Super Tooltip Glossary will only support issues users are having with the navigation index if they purchase a separate support package.
4. The cost of that support package is undetermined based upon information provided on this WordPress.org site where users learn about and download the plugin.
5. Support requests (such as the one I've presented) regarding problems with the navigation feature, which is part of the free version of CM Super Tooltip Glossary, are resolved, or attempts are made to resolve by Creative Minds within this support forum whenever possible.
6. Support requests regarding problems with the navigation feature in the Pro version are resolved at no extra cost to the customer in the Pro version. I recently received this quote from a cminds.com representative in response to the following question. "I want to implement the alphbetical A-Z navigation bar. Do you support that in the cost of the plugin?" Creative Mind representative's response was: "Not sure what you mean by implement, We do not do custom work within the cost of the license. If you need additional support you need to purchase a support package." I would add that these support packages cost from $100 - $200 for from 2-4 hours of labor .