I have just installed a new blog on a client's server (Network Solutions) and have run into a big problem.
All pages - categories, individual posts, monthly archives, static pages - except for the blog front page, are redirecting to the homepage.
To see it in effect, paste nominingue.com/blog into your browser.
You'll see that this one page looks fine, but click March 2011 or a post name, for example, and you'll see that it redirects to the homepage (which looks all messed up because it's not using absolute paths right now, but I'm not concerned with that.)
PHP 5.2.13 / API CGI/FastCGI
Here is what I've tried:
- verified that the .htaccess file has correct rewrite rules
- turned off all plug-ins - same result
- applied default Twenty Ten theme - same result
- turned off pretty permalinks and reverted back to the /?p=123 structure - same result
- tried different permalink structure - same result
- Googled for Network Solutions-specific issues, but nothing applied
- tried adding a php.ini file at the site root with cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1
cgi.force_redirect = 0
- deleted and re-uploaded theme folder
This is a fresh (manual) install of WP 3.1 and the same site is working perfectly fine on my test server (my own dedicated server.)
Thanks for any ideas!