Support » Plugin: Contact Form 7 » All my forms suddenly stopped working

  • Resolved danescobar

    (@danescobar)


    Hello,

    As mentioned in the title I made no changes to my CF7 config but seems like some update broke all the forms in my website. I’ve been debugging the forms to see if there were errors not related to CF7 like an SMTP mail sending plugin, disabling redirection via custom DOM event or the Recaptcha v3 integration and they all work perfectly.

    There are three pages where I have CF7 forms. The website is in my profile and the forms are in:

    • The shop page. A sidebar form.
    • The FAQ and contact page. Accessible through the top menu.
    • A Popup form that opens 30s. after being on any page.

    They all return the same error message and do not deliver the mail “There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.

    Input in Form:

    <div class="signupform">
    
        [email* your-email placeholder "Your Email Address"]
        <small>This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and Google's <a href="https://policies.google.com/privacy" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener">privacy policy</a> and <a href="https://policies.google.com/terms" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener">terms of service</a> apply.
        </small>
        [acceptance acceptance-989 default:off] I accept the site's <a href="https://mywebsite.org/privacy-policy/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">privacy policy</a>. [/acceptance]
        [submit "Count Me In!"]
    
    </div>

    Input in Mail:

    To: [your email]
    From: owner@mywebsite.org
    Additional headers:
        Sender: owner@mywebsite.org
        Reply-To: <[your-email]>
    Message body: Welcome to my newsletter, etc.

    Input in Mail(2):

    To: notification@mywebsite.org
    From: owner@mywebsite.org
    Subject: new subscriber
    Additional Headers: Reply-To: [your-email]
    Message Body:
        From: [your-email]
        Subject: New Subscriber
    
        -- 
        [remote_ip]
        [user_agent]
        [_url]
        [_date]
        [_time]
        [_post_title]
        This e-mail was sent from a contact form on My Website (https://mywebsite.org)
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ddskier

    (@ddskier)

    Exact same problem, please fix this.

    danescobar

    (@danescobar)

    I tried to see if Autoptimize was the culprit breaking CF7 with its JS optimization. When I excluded scripts.js from AO, deleting both AO cache and WP Supercache’s the forms worked once or twice but came back to non-functioning.

    I tried to replicate deleting both cache and disabling both plugins to no avail. The problem is still there.

    danescobar

    (@danescobar)

    The browser console displayed this error when clicking the submit button:

    ReferenceError: fbq is not defined shop:136:1
        <anonymous> https://mywebsite.org/shop/:136
        triggerEvent https://mywebsite.org/.../js/scripts.js:367
        ajaxSuccess https://mywebsite.org/.../js/scripts.js:298
        submit https://mywebsite.org/.../js/scripts.js:350
        jQuery 4
            i
            fireWith
            x
            c
    Neil Murray

    (@buzztone)

    Autoptimize has been previously reported as an issue when using reCAPTCHA v3 with CF7.

    The Autoptimize plugin author is very helpful & often responds to questions in this forum.

    Neil Murray

    (@buzztone)

    @ddskier – see I have the same problem! Can I just reply to someone else’s post with “Me too”?.

    If you are willing to create a new question, which details your issues, somebody will likely be able to help you there.

    danescobar

    (@danescobar)

    @buzztone ok, I will update the thread if I manage to solve the issue. Upon further investigation the error seems to happen when any of these plugins are active; Async or Autoptimize, both from the same author. Deactivating both fixes the bad CF7 form behavior.

    danescobar

    (@danescobar)

    Update: @buzztone for now I haven’t been able to isolate what’s causing the issue with Autoptimize author but it seems is not a problem caused completely by his plugins.

    CF7 and Flamingo pick incoming form messages. When AO/Async are active, they prevent the autoresponse mail of CF7 to be sent to the visitor and the form displays an error message asking to try again later.

    These messages also end up in the spam folder of Flamingo so I suspect it may be a bad interaction between AO, CF7 and reCaptcha3 JS.

    More information in this thread.

    Also there are many more people who are experiencing the CF7 bug of messages ending in the spam folder of Flamingo so this is not only @optimizingmatters fault because many of these users aren’t using his plugins or any other optimization/minification/caching plugin.

    More information in this thread.

    UPDATE: After updating both CF7 and Autoptimize I tried to remove reCaptcha v3 integration with CF7 again. This time, after deleting all caches, the CF7 integration keys and the links to Google Privacy Policy from all my forms their functionality is restored. I will keep checking in the next days to see if it’s completely restored.

    @buzztone your suggestion of an incompatibility with Autoptimize was in the right direction but this time the error was caused by Async Javascript plugin. It has to be deactivated for reCaptcha v3 to work with CF7. I have switched back to Really Simple Captcha because Async practically halves my website load times.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘All my forms suddenly stopped working’ is closed to new replies.