I’ve been receiving an increase in spam lately, and according to the gurus here, installing these three plugins are the best ways to reduce spam. So I took their advice and installed all three today.
I just logged-off and added a new comment to a post as a test, and was presented with the following information:
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/guzzguz3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/SK2/sk2_second_chance.php:2) in /home/guzzguz3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/Bad-Behavior/bad-behavior/screener.inc.php on line 8
– followed by a captcha screen.
I answered the question, and captcha said my comment was posted. However, I was still left at the same screen, with no option of getting back to the original message or main blog.
Here are my questions:
1. Should I have been presented this information as the normal course of using Bad Behavior? If not, what can I do to prevent this from happening again?
2. Is it normal for Spam Karma 2 to leave one at the same screen after correctly answering the captcha question? If so, can something be configured to return to the original message of main blog page?
3. Do I need to re-configure the settings, other than default settings, when using all three plugins together?
You should search herein for info on the “headers already sent by” message.
AFAIK, spam karma 2 doesn’t give you options to get back from the captcha “done” page. I don’t know if there’s some way to change it. And a newer version may fix stuff like that – I’m using 2.2rc3 which is working perfectly so that’s kind of an “if it ain’t broke….” thing (since the last time I upgraded to something other than that I had mega-problems….)
I run all three, plus wp-spam-assassin and referer-bouncer without doing anything at all “unusual”, other than adding in the sk2-moderate plugin.
Thanks vkaryl! A search of the terms you recommended worked. But, it seems like more work than I want to do to fix things.
I decided to disable Spam Karma 2 for now. I can’t live without that option to return to the message/blog. However, Bad Behavior and Akismet seem to be taking care of things. So far, I haven’t been solicited for a penis enlargement or asked to buy Viagra online.
Happy New Year to you and your family!
And to you and yours! I’ll dig into the sk2 redirectlessness one of these days, just to see if I can figure something out. If I do, I’ll post it here….
The “headers already sent” error is pretty easy to fix. It usually means there’s a blank line at the top of the php file in question. Just go to the file, put the cursor on the very first less than mark and hold the backspace key until the less than mark is the first character in the file.
- The topic ‘Akismet/Bad Behavior/Spam Karma 2’ is closed to new replies.