I was having problems with Spam Karma II after installing the Beta 1 release, so I uninstalled SK II. After upgrading to Beta 2, I installed Akismet, and supplied it with my WordPress Key. Everything was fine.
But when I went to the “Manage” tab and clicked on the sub-menu “Akismet Spam (0)”, I got the following message:
“Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ksd_config_page() (previously declared in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mt\benjoblog\wp-content\plugins\akismet\akismet.php:14) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mt\benjoblog\wp-content\plugins\akismet\akismet.php on line 13”
Does anyone have any clues as to what is going on? I pored over the code, and couldn’t figure out why I was receiving this error.
Thanks in advance!
Why not uninstall that version, and go get the new upgraded one ?
First, thank you for the quick response.
I upgraded to version 1.11 (deleting the old, uploading the new), but I’m still getting the same error.
Anything else I can do?
I would deactivate the plugin, then delete the plugin, then check through your blog that all is good.
Then upload and activate again.
I cannot see either why it is doing this ..
I followed the steps you outlined, but am still encountering the same problem.
Could this have anything to do with the version of PHP that my host is using, or perhaps with the fact that the blog is hosted on a Win-box?
It’s a Windows-based problem. I see the same issue on my XP test system, but not on my host.
Kafkaesqui (and everyone else),
Any idea what in particular is causing this problem? Why does a windows host cause this bizarre result?
If I knew the specifics then writing plugins with admin pages would come a lot easier to me… But generally, it appears to be an underlying effect in how plugins are loaded by WordPress and differences in PHP on the server in use. In any case, here’s a possible solution.
Edit the Akismet file (akismet/akismet.php) through the Plugin Editor, or offline with any text editor. Just after this line at the top of the script:
Add the following:
Then add a closing
endifat the end of the script:
I’ve just tested this on both my setups and it seems to run fine, but I’d like to see if others hit any problems before submitting a “fix” to Matt.
(Bows before Kafkaesqui)…
Awesome! I am now able to access the Akismet manage page without any problems! Now to see just how well this beast handles Spam… 🙂
Uggh. Sorry Matt, I’m getting the same error with version 1.12 that I did with 1.1 and 1.11 🙁
In fact, now I’m getting it on both plugin pages [Plugins->Akismet Configuration and Manage->Akismet Spam (0)] whereas before only on the Manage page.
Just thought I’d let everyone know that I applied the “patch” Kafkaesqui mentioned above to Akismet 1.12 and everything works fine now.
For the record, SKII works perfectly fine here in both beta-2 and RC-1.
I’m still getting the same error with 1.12. In addition, when I try the fix above (wrapping in the if/else) I get a new error when I click on “Akismet Configuration” in plugins admin: Call to undefined function: ksd_caught().
I am running on IIS/Win2K.
- The topic ‘Akismet Problem’ is closed to new replies.