WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Google XML Sitemaps » [Resolved] After Updating Google XML Sitemap Do Not Work in Google Webmaster Tools

[Resolved] After Updating Google XML Sitemap Do Not Work in Google Webmaster Tools

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • I am having the same problem? Check out my sitemap here:
    http://bestbeginnerguitarlessons.com/sitemap.xml
    Looking forward to receiving some help. Thanks, Sam Lyons

    I don’t know why people fixed things that’s not broken,and then it really broken after,i really thought it was google needed time to re-indexed my post but it’s now 3 days and it still saying 0 for me so it’s time to dump this plugin and i found a way better one called (Better WordPress Google XML Sitemaps) that works great for me and better features as well.

    The time i take to figure out plugin issues i can be posting things on my site so this is why i dump it for another one can’t be bother with it any more time to move on..

    Hi,lyonsmusic in your site xml sitemap do not open.So,i suggest you at first you delete your sitemap from your site and after that you install new xml sitemap and after that i hope in your problem will solve.

    Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested, deleted the sitemap from my site, installed new xml sitemap plugin, it shows everythng is fine,but when I check it http://bestbeginnerguitarlessons.com/sitemap.xml, it shows:

    Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)http://www.bestbeginnerguitarlessons.com/wp-content/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.xsl

    Hope you can help.
    I look forward to hearing from you. Sam

    I also updated my Google XML Sitemaps Mother Day but after it site stops indexing and webmaster also showing 1 warning. Please Arne what to do?? My other sites also facing this prob.

    this plugin give me a lot of problem

    Actually Arnee recntly whose sitemap update,that are rubbish for users.We think that in this sitemap has bad effect in any one website.So,Arnee you come back in old version of xml sitemap for users.

    Hi farukomar,

    To roll back the previos version 3.3.1

    download here http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/google-sitemap-generator.3.3.1.zip

    After delete the latest version..Install this, ur site on webmaster tool will become normal

    I have done this work 10 hours ago Shine.And thanks

    Almost welcome..

    I look at my site maps every day on google…
    On one… it showed blank data, and when I go on to google sitemaps..

    Sitemap details
    Sitemap: /myWordPressblog/sitemap.xml
    ————-
    It then produced this error…
    “Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)
    wp-content/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.xsl”

    ————-

    I deleted the sitemap… uninstalled the plugin.
    Re-installed plugin… but version 3.3.1.zip.

    “Tested” and Google says ok…
    But… when I use…
    Sitemap details
    Sitemap: /myWordPressblog/sitemap.xml

    It again the same “Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)”

    But everything else looks OK.. and it shows the “pages” were indexed.. and “pending” which at this time is normal.
    ========================
    On my other website (same hosting company.. identical plugin’s)
    Version 4 updated version everything is OK

    Thusly I have no idea what is going on ????

    I just found the answer…
    http://opensourcecmsinfo.com/how-to-fix-error-loading-stylesheet-an-unknown-error-has-occurred-805303f4/

    It has to do with the www infront of your domain.

    Without the www I do not get the error returned on my one domain.
    With the www on the other domain I get the error.

    Hope that helps… maybe it is how the .xls responds to the www. listing of the domain ?

    I just set my preferred domain without the www and I did not get the error
    “Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (805303f4)
    wp-content/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.xsl”

    But I did get an error for the sitemap.xml indicating one of the .xml was formatted as an html page.

    So for now I deactivated the plugin . And manually uploaded a sitemap that I generated myself and that shows no errors.

    The version I deactivated was 4.04

    I noticed a problem with Google XML Sitemaps when I installed the “new version”. I deleted the old sitemaps from the warning in 4.0.4 and they were successfully resubmitted to google. I did notice however, that during the time when I had the plugin installed that google was not picking any of my new posts at the time I set it (ie. hourly, I do a few posts a day).

    Once resubmitted the new sitemap waited about a day I noticed no posts were being indexed.

    I just reverted back to old sitemap (3.3.1 version) rebuilt sitemap, resubmitted. My entire site was re-indexed within 2 hours. I expect google to normally pick up my site pretty quickly.. so I think there is something wrong with 4.0.4.

    Just a quick update, I updated to 4.0.5 and it is working now.

    The sitemaps started to get indexed shortly after updating to the latest version.. and it took about a day for >90% of links to get indexed.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] After Updating Google XML Sitemap Do Not Work in Google Webmaster Tools’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar