Advanced search and variants: Can WooCommerce do this?
I’m in the process of starting a shop selling products with some special requriements:
1) they have a some attributes that needs to be searchable in a structured manner
2) the product variants might be very different and we need to show them with pictures instead of just a dropdown..
The main question is if I can use WooCommerce (which I prefer because it’s seems simple) or I need to look at more complex systems or a custom shop.. I will know if you can help by answering 2 question regarding the above:
1) Can you (easily?) add some custom attributes/fields/whatever to products? E.g. Materiel, Quality and Strength and type or select values for these. (Whats the “official” name for this feature btw?) And can these be reused across chosen products?
(Because if both are YES then I believe it should be possible to hire somebody to make an advanced search feature showing the options in a dropdown and search using this..)
2) The product variants should be shown with pictures right away (not just showing a new picture when choosing in a dropdown). E.g. something like this: http://www.bogesunds.se/Fabric.aspx?Name=Alfa
Can this be done in WooCommerce? (Perhaps with some special coding.) Or are there reasons why this might be impossible?
Please bear with me as I’m new to WooCommerce – and have never even used WordPress for anything but basic blogs and websites – and hence have no idea how to do custom things..! Any advice and pointers are very much appreciated! THANK YOU!
- The topic ‘Advanced search and variants: Can WooCommerce do this?’ is closed to new replies.