[Resolved] Advanced blocking (IP range) broken in 4.0.3
The ability to block a range of IP addresses is apparently broken in Wordfence 4.0.3.
HERE’S WHAT I DID:
- WP-Admin > Wordfence > Advanced Blocking
- Added 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52 in the “Block anyone that has an IP address in this range” field
- Added a reason in the “Enter a reason you’re blocking this visitor pattern” field
- Clicked the “Block Visitors Matching this Pattern” button
HERE’S WHAT I EXPECTED:
The range of IP addresses I specified to be added to the “Current list of ranges and patterns you’ve blocked” list
HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED:
The following alert appeared:
“You are trying to block yourself. Your IP address is 184.108.40.206 which falls into the range 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168. This blocking action has been cancelled so that you don’t block yourself from your website.”
And the blocking action was cancelled
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Advanced blocking (IP range) broken in 4.0.3’ is closed to new replies.