[resolved] Admin widgets page no longer working (7 posts)

  1. becskr
    Posted 5 years ago #

    My widgets screen in admin seems to have gone weird. I can't work out what's going on. The list of active sidebar widgets isn't listed and I can't move any of the other widgets around.

    Here's a screenshot of it

    Grateful for any help!

  2. becskr
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I should add I've tried reinstalling the latest version update and copied in the latest version of wp-admin but it's made no difference

  3. mvbaxter
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I have multiple sites. The 3.0 sites don't have the problem, but the 3.1 sites do. They are on different hosts, and some are upgrades from 3.0 to 3.1, while two others are brand new installations.

    I can modify the widgets, and use drag/drop, in Firefox. I get inconsistent and sometimes strange results from Chrome, IE7 & IE8.

    You might try Firefox until somebody gets around to diagnosing and/or fixing this!

  4. becskr
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I am using firefox and I tried in IE and it doesn't work there either!

  5. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Have you tried:

    - deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

    - switching to the Twenty Ten theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.

    - resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.

    - re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress.

    - increasing the memory available to PHP:

  6. mvbaxter
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Thanks for the suggestions, but I have tried just about every combination I could think of, including a fresh install, with twenty ten and no active plugins. The only consistent issue seems to be wordpress 3.1.1 with a non-firefox browser.

  7. becskr
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I completely wrecked my site for about an hour but overwrote all my basic wordpress files with the latest version...it make no difference. Then I disabled all the plugins as esmi said and it worked. I slowly added them all back one by one and it worked. After enabling them all it worked! How weird but who cares, it's fixed!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic