I've just returned to WordPress, it's been at least three years since I last really worked with the platform. Unfortunately I am hitting similar issues as I had last time too, despite a completely new version.
Both the site and admin panel are incredibly slow. Everything was fine this morning but I've been working on the site on and off for about 6 hours now and it is now unbearably slow. The thing is, I've only posted content and made a few CSS changes to the template.
- It is a completely clean install from this morning
- There are no plugins installed
- Switching to the default theme does not work
- I've disabled trackback (the trick from the old days)
- I'm hosted on a VPS solution and have Joomla running on the same slice, it runs fast
- There are no error logs on the server
Been Googling for an hour to find solutions and found nothing. Help! :)