[Resolved] Admin Login comes up blank (white, no code); Can’t Login. Blog working.
I’ve searched the forum for this type of problem, and have found either different circumstances, or no resolution… so I hope that someone is able to offer some insight.
I’m using WordPress 2.9.2, but did not update it recently… I have not made any major changes in weeks.
About a month ago, I moved my blog to a new directory on my server, but did not experience any major problems with the move. The front and back ends have been working fine since then.
Two days ago, I installed a simple PayPal donation widget plugin, but again, the site and admin panel worked fine afterward, as far as I know.
Today, however, I tried to log in to my admin panel to make a post, but instead of finding the login screen, I get nothing but a blank, white page. If I look at the source code for the page, there is nothing there.
The front end is still working just fine. The address is at gorephoto dot com, /blog.
This is what I’ve tried so far:
1. Assuming that it was a plugin related problem, I renamed my plugin directory via ftp. It made no difference, so I changed it back.
2. I overwrote all of the files with a new download of version 2.9.2, with the exception of the wp-contents folder, which I left intact so that I didn’t lose my themes, etc.
Again, it made no difference.
3. I looked at my .htaccess file to see if there was anything obviously problematic, but it is very spartan (11 lines)… there’s just a mod-rewrite conditional, and that’s it. Looks normal, but I suppose I’m no expert.
4. I removed the blank lines at the end of my active functions.php (at the suggestion of another thread). Nichts.
Can anyone offer a suggestion? THANKS!!!
– Matthew Gore
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Admin Login comes up blank (white, no code); Can’t Login. Blog working.’ is closed to new replies.