Support » Plugin: Adminimize » Admin Bar options reapeared for editors after Update 1.8.2

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Author Frank Bueltge


    Sorry, I dont understand the question. You lost the settings?
    The current public version is 1.8.1.
    The 1.8.2 is the next one, but nut ready in all tests.

    Thanks for answer Frank.
    I’ll try to explain you what I did step by step.

    I installed Adminimize 3 o 4 days ago. Worked perfectly.
    And I setted up the options for editor users to hide all elements in Admin bar except site name, and user login/logout button.
    I’m combining Adminimize with “User Role Editor” plugin to give extra capavilities to editor users. Everything wordked fine.

    One day ago I saw an Adminimize update notification on my plugins panel. I accepted it and now I have version 1.8.2. This is the text in Catalan (Versió 1.8.2 | Per Frank Bültge | Visita el lloc web de l’extensió)

    After update, I can see all the elements in Admin Bar using editor’s profile, although they are all selected to be disabled in Adminimize control panel. All the other Adminimize options (like hide some lateral menu options for editor users) still working perfectly.

    I tried to deselect and re-select Admin bar elements and nothing happens in editor’s profile.
    If I test with my admin account I can see the changes in my admin bar.

    Thank you very much for your help!!

    I exactly have the same what Apsed descibed:(
    Plz help!!

    Hi Frank,

    Any news of this problem, I still can not solve it

    Thank you very much!

    Plugin Author Frank Bueltge


    @apsed: The last version have different changes to the admin bar settings.
    Can you update the settings and after this reset the setings for the different roles and check, that hide the items inside the admin bar for the different roles? Thanks for feedback.
    On my tests works fine; I can remove items for all roles.

    Hi Frank!
    I finally unistalled Adminimize an User Role Editor and istalled again and now works fine. Reset both pungin options and disable wasn’t enougth for my project.

    The process I followed is this:

    – Reset editor default capabilities in User Role Editor plugin.
    – Uninstall User Role Editor plugin.

    – Delete Adminimize options using Desinstall Option (in the bottom of list options) for clean database from all pltugin entries.
    – Unistall Adminimize plugin completly.

    – Install the last adminimize version from “Add new plugin” in plugin area.

    – Install User Role Editor plugin.
    – Setup editor profile capabilites as you want.

    – Finally setup Adminimize options as you want.

    I mark this topic as resolved

    Thank you very much for your help!
    You do a great job with this plugin.


    Plugin Author Frank Bueltge


    Thanks for feedback and praise.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin Bar options reapeared for editors after Update 1.8.2’ is closed to new replies.